Least recently played mode for scripts

You are missing a feature or need an enhancement? Post your suggestion here!
lprock
Least recently played mode for scripts

Post by lprock »

Hi Bernd,

Would it be possible to add 'least recently played' as a mode selection for scripts. Would really help out to make sure that all songs on a playlist are played!

Ken
lprock
Re: Least recently played mode for scripts

Post by lprock »

sure thing, in the script library editor now you have the choice of random, sequential and so on to add songs to the playlist that meets the extended history checks selection criteria. i was hoping you could add a least recently played mode to use instead of random, sequential etc. that would chose the least/oldest played song in the library meeting the checks, options & filter.

reason i'm asking for this is that i'm currently using random with a genre filter to select songs & find that there's some songs that rarely play while others repeat more often. the genres are actually my different playlists such as heavy, light & standard rotations. i've stretched out my extended history checks & am using the forcelibraryhistorycheck option to no avail, so i'm hoping that this will play all of the songs in each of the respective genre's/playlists not just certain ones of some artists. i'm putting in 16-20 hr days listening as i've just switched over to PFOA so i have a pretty good idea of the days mix.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

But isn't the Least/Oldest played entry equal to choosing Sequential?
Eg once all entries have been played they would repeat in the exact same order.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Can you explain a bit more in detail what this mode should actually do and what exactly you want to achieve?
lprock

Post by lprock »

oh, i think i must have misunderstood how sequential worked. i thought sequential would move through the playlists alphabetically choosing the first track it came to that met the playlist rotation rules, but not necessarily the least played track. i am giving it a go in sequential now & let you know how it works out.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Sequential means one after the other one - as the entries appear in the library.
Which is in the end equal to the 'least played track'... ;-)
lprock

Post by lprock »

ahhh, i just saw the light!! thank-you for being patient with me, it really is a fantastic piece of software!

Ken