[InternalMediaLib] Stop Counting Duration With 63rd Cat.

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
sun7radio
[InternalMediaLib] Stop Counting Duration With 63rd Cat.

Post by sun7radio »

Hello,

I'm still with the demo version, and I'm trying to test everything I can as fast as I can.

I'm using the On Air Internal Library Manager (as it seems there is no way to create category from folder from within the Media Lib Server).

When I added my 63rd category, the Media Lib Manager stop reporting the Total/Avg Duration (showing 0 even with several songs in it).

I have 94 categories now (and still adding), and from 63rd to 94th 0 is reported for each one Total/Avg Duration.

Cheers,
Guy.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: [InternalMediaLib] Stop Counting Duration With 63rd Cat.

Post by radio42 »

There is no need to add categories within the Media Library Server, as the categories are anyhow created used within the resp. ProppFrexx instance.
As such you can still use the Media Library Server (MLS)!
The MLS manages plain media libs only - categories come into play only at the ProppFrexx OnAir instance when you reference a remote media lib and then want to group it.

However, I can not reproduce the issue, that from a certain lib on it doesn't report the numbers you mentions.
But maybe those libs haven't been fully loaded yet! The Total/Avg Duration is only available once the lib and ALL tracks have been fully scanned!
sun7radio
Re: [InternalMediaLib] Stop Counting Duration With 63rd Cat.

Post by sun7radio »

radio42 wrote:There is no need to add categories within the Media Library Server, as the categories are anyhow created used within the resp. ProppFrexx instance.
As such you can still use the Media Library Server (MLS)!
The MLS manages plain media libs only - categories come into play only at the ProppFrexx OnAir instance when you reference a remote media lib and then want to group it.
Right, makes sense. Got it. Thanks.
radio42 wrote:However, I can not reproduce the issue, that from a certain lib on it doesn't report the numbers you mentions.
But maybe those libs haven't been fully loaded yet! The Total/Avg Duration is only available once the lib and ALL tracks have been fully scanned!
I've restarted ProppFrexx, waited a bit, opened the MediaLib manager, and still 0 for 63rd category to the end.
Then I've pressed Reload & Rescan button on one category and suddenly, several seconds after, all categories had correct values.
So it's all ok now, not sure what happened, just a glitch :)

Cheers,
Guy.