Media Libraries in Meta Data Editor ?

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
sun7radio
Media Libraries in Meta Data Editor ?

Post by sun7radio »

Hello,

I'm having a look at the standalone Meta Data Editor.

I've noticed in the Settings & Options -> Tagging sections that we can add Media Libraries.

But I wonder what is the purpose of this, as I found no way to open the Playlists of the Media Libraries for tag editing (except by loading them manually).

Also, I wonder why in the main window we can only open Folders while in the Trackboard view, only Playlists.

Wouldn't it be more practical and consistent to be able to open both in the main view/area ?

Cheers,
Guy.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Media Libraries in Meta Data Editor ?

Post by radio42 »

Media Libs:
E.g. you might configure/use the same (playlist based) Media Libs as in ProppFrexx OnAir, so that while browsing some folders (e.g. for new files) you might direct add/insert them to these Media Libs.
So that with the next reload OnAir can direct use these.

Playlists itself can however only be loaded/edited in OnAir.

The Trackboard is just a nice way to 'remember' certain tracks...as such here you can save or load playlists.

Note, that the Tagger is a free tool, so some features are limited due to that nature!
sun7radio
Re: Media Libraries in Meta Data Editor ?

Post by sun7radio »

Understood, thanks for the explanation.

One nice feature of the Meta Data Editor though is that we can directly edit the fields from listview.

Is there a way to do the same in PFOA in Playlists without the need to open the Tag editor each time ?

Cheers,
Guy.