Overlay sometimes breaks and skips entries

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
Overlay sometimes breaks and skips entries

Post by hdradio »

I have a script with following entries :
LoadTrack c:\times\Time is ${start_HH}-${start_mm}.mp3
Cartwall Jingles
Then I have created two same overlays playing that script every hour (one overlay for 00min and other for 30min) because Recurrence can not less than an hour.
Usually they play correctly. But there are times that the overlay starts, plays the half of the time announce file (like "time is t" instead of "time is ten o'clock") and starts the normal playlist, skipping the cartwall jingle.
As I said it happens on random times and I can not reproduce it.
Is there any log showing what overlay entries have played ?
The Time Announce file is about 3 secs and I have set "Don't fade tracks shorter than 10secs"
hdradio
Re: Overlay sometimes breaks and skips entries

Post by hdradio »

But from what you say it sounds the Overlay is ALWAYS triggered - so in this case you won't find anything in the log file, except, that the overlay was started?!
This what I am asking. Is there a log showing what overlay entries have played ?
When you say the time files is only played partially that might sound like incorrect cue-points or even ACPD which sets the cue-points not perfect.
I can listen the file in PFL without any problem.
There are not any Cue points set.
When you say the cartwall jingle is sometimes not played that sounds again like a history issue - i.e. make sure the 'SupressHistory' script-line option is set with the Jingle and NO media lib history is enabled!
SuppressHistoryCheck and SupressAddHistory are checked.

I say again that this problem happens at random once in ten times. So it's difficult to reproduce and find what causes it.

By the way there is a syntax error in options check list SupressGlobalLogging (is SupressGloablLogging)
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

PFL might not perform ACPD - see general settings, section 'Mixing/Fading'!
Or click on the ACDP button within the PFL to calculate them...and see, if that might violate it.
And/or specify the 'SupressACPD' script-line option with your time files!

Try to manually start the overlay with 'Manual Playout' - this allows you to watch what is happening.

No, there is no log showing what overlay entries/files have played (except when playing an Advert).

Jingles is a Media Lib? Again, has any media lib a media lib history?
What other script-line options have you set?
Are all tracks within Jingles available?
Are maybe some tracks in Jingles having cue-points set so that they are resulting in zero playback time...

However, you might use the general event 'Streaming.OnSongTitleChanged' (see general settings, section 'Events/Commands') to log those yourself (e.g. use the EXEC_WRITE_FILE command with it).
Within your Overlay Scheduler entry set the 'Title Update' to e.g. 'Use Track Name' to trigger Streaming title updates.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Or click on the ACDP button within the PFL to calculate them...and see, if that might violate it.
When I click ACPD it does nothing. I think because it's just 2.1 seconds file and I have set to not use ACPD for files less than 10secs.

And/or specify the 'SupressACPD' script-line option with your time files!
I will try that.

Try to manually start the overlay with 'Manual Playout' - this allows you to watch what is happening.
It's playing normally.

No, there is no log showing what overlay entries/files have played (except when playing an Advert).
:cry:

Jingles is a Media Lib? Again, has any media lib a media lib history?
Jingles is a cartwall pfp library.
I can't find a way to edit library properties to check it out. Why ?
As I remember when I created them I had let the default settings.

What other script-line options have you set?
SupressHistoryCheck, SupressAddHistory and now SupressACPD
Are all tracks within Jingles available?
Yes

Are maybe some tracks in Jingles having cue-points set so that they are resulting in zero playback time...
If there was a overlay tracks history I could check that track, but now I don't know which one was that. If I load the .pfp library, all the files have playtime > zero
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Howhave you defined the Jingles cartwall lib in the past ?
Click on the 'Scheduler' ribbon tab... then select 'Libraries - Cartwall Libraries' ... in the upcoming dialog select your Jingles lib and check the 'Max. History' value!

I do that but all my libraries are under <AUTO> root and can not be edited.

By the way How can I create a category and move them from <AUTO> ?
I can create a library, and give it a category name. But still can not move other libraries from <AUTO> to that category.

Of course you could check that - just open your cardwall lib within the playlist: click on the low-part of the ''Open" ribbon and select 'Open - Cartwall Libraries - ...' and then select your Jingles lib!
That will open that lib as a playlist and you can check all files!

As I said earlier I opened that playlist and all files had PlayTime > zero.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I can't find a way to edit library properties to check it out. Why ?
Howhave you defined the Jingles cartwall lib in the past ?
Click on the 'Scheduler' ribbon tab... then select 'Libraries - Cartwall Libraries' ... in the upcoming dialog select your Jingles lib and check the 'Max. History' value!
Alternative: open the general settings, section 'Folders/Libraries' and click on the 'Additional Cartwall Libraries...' - that goes to the same dialog.
If there was a overlay tracks history I could check that track
Of course you could check that - just open your cardwall lib within the playlist: click on the low-part of the ''Open" ribbon and select 'Open - Cartwall Libraries - ...' and then select your Jingles lib!
That will open that lib as a playlist and you can check all files!
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

<AUTO> are automatic load libs as explained under 'Auto. Playlist Path' - these can not be moved - else manage them manually and DO NOT specify an 'Auto. Playlist Path'!
You still can open the related 'Jingles' playlist file manually - can't you?

However, also follow my other advices (as I don't know all your other system settings) - I can just explain what might happen...

Also check, if you have defined any 'Script Rules' which might prevent the Jingles from sometimes playing...
Else there would be no reason, why that script would not run completely.

But you can test scripts even without any Overlay...just use a new an empty playlist and then specify <Program> in the Main ribbon combobox (next to AutoPlay)...and then select your script.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

There is a log (see the 'Tools' ribbon) and click on the 'Show Log-Files...' button.
In the Log dialog choose the related Overlay log file.

But from what you say it sounds the Overlay is ALWAYS triggered - so in this case you won't find anything in the log file, except, that the overlay was started?!
But it only plays 'half' of your time file or skips the Jingle...

When you say the time files is only played partially that might sound like incorrect cue-points or even ACPD which sets the cue-points not perfect.
When you say the cartwall jingle is sometimes not played that sounds again like a history issue - i.e. make sure the 'SupressHistory' script-line option is set with the Jingle and NO media lib history is enabled!
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

The problem described in my first post still exists for me.
I have set SupressACPD for both tracks in script.
As I said the same script plays 8 in 10 times correct. So the problem is not at the script.
And also there is not any other processing at that time (eg. starting a new program).
I am breaking my head to find what is wrong. I can't go on air having this problem.
Please add a more detailed log file.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Have you tried with 2 seconds length files ? My time announce files are about 2 seconds each.
And also the following jingle is short too (about 5secs).