<Unknown> Current program

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
hdradio
<Unknown> Current program

Post by hdradio »

There is a program already playing that was scheduled for 07:00
The time is now 12:00 and I create a new program to play from 09:00 to 13:00.
I stop the scheduler and "Run Scheduler" again.
But nothing happens. The Current program shows <Unknown>.
Next program shows what program is next at 13:00.

I have to stop the current playlist, close it, and "Run scheduler" again for my new program to appear.
Is that the expected behavior ?
hdradio
Re: <Unknown> Current program

Post by hdradio »

Because there are so many options can your tell me what to enable for the following situation:

I am already in a playing program, click Run scheduler, load the (new) current program in a new playlist, don't stop the song that is currently playing, wait for this song to finish and start the new playlist and close the previous list.
Or to manually switch to the new playlist Click play to start the first song, fading out the song playing from the previous list and close that list.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

As said, use the "AlwaysStartCurrentProgram" scheduler start option.
However, there is no 'Wait til the current playing track has finished and the start the program' option - sorry.

You might also try the "StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist" option.
In that case the new program/script is started in the current playlist (as said above)!
All tracks currently present in the current (old) playlist are not changed!
As such, you can continue to work with your existing playlist.
E.g. remove unused tracks manually, advance tracks manually etc.

Just try that out and play with it...
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

You might also try the "StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist" option.
In that case the new program/script is started in the current playlist (as said above)!
All tracks currently present in the current (old) playlist are not changed!
That means that if it runs in unattended mode and I have set Playlist look ahead to 5 and a new program is about to start let's say at 10am, will play those 5 songs and the new program will start about 10:20am ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

?
a) how would you run your scenario in 'unattended mode' - and define a new program (which now overlapped a previous/current program) and you the stop and (re)start the scheduler?
Note, that the above option is not a Program Start Option, but a Scheduler Start Option - so it is only evaluated when the Scheduler is started.

b) I don't know how you calculated the 10:20am value? What is the current time in your example?
In your initial question the 'newly' defined program was about to start in the past.
However, yes, the newly started program would effectively start in that scenario when all existing tracks in the current playlist have been played.
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

Example:
Suppose I set Playlist look ahead to 5.
Also set the scheduler to use existing playlist for the new program.
Time now 09:59 and there are 5 more entries into the playlist (5 X about 4min/song = 20minutes)
The new program starts at 10:00 and does not clear the previous playlist but instead it adds its entries to the old playlist.
Then the actual new program will start about 20 minutes past 10 because the last 5 songs from the previous list will have to play too.

If that's the case then using the existing playlist for new programs do not fit my needs.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

If the current time is 9:59 and the program is about to start at 10:00 it will be started as the NEXT program and not as the CURRENT program!
Please just test this yourself and you will understand and see...

When you click on 'Start Schedulker' the scheduler determines the CURRENT and the NEXT program.
The CURRENT pogram is due NOW
The NEXT program is due in the future.
The Start options we discussed relate to the CURRENT program.

So re-think your scenario:
If it is now 9:59....
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Yes, when a playlist is already playing this one is not interrupted by default (as otherwise you could never start the Scheduler if you are manually OnAir).
For more details see the "Scheduler Start Option" in the general settings:
In your case you might want to specify the "AlwaysStartCurrentProgram" scheduler start option.

Default Start Options:
- the current program will use a new playlist window
- already open playlists are not ignored
- the current program will only be started if:
. no other playlist window is open
. no other playlist window is currently playing
. no other scripting playlist window is in AutoPlay

StartNextProgramOnly:A current program will not be started
SupressAutoPlayForCurrentProgram: A current program will be started without AutoPlay
StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist: A current program will be started in the current playlist window
AlwaysStartCurrentProgram: A current program will always be started
IgnoreAnyOpenPlaylists: Leaves any open playlist window state as is (effective for AlwaysStartCurrentProgram and StartCurrentProgramInCurrentPlaylist)

Note: If IgnoreAnyOpenPlaylists is not selected any other playlist window will be stopped (AutoPlay is deactivated and a current playing track is stopped).

Note: The options are ignored on initial scheduler AutoStart.