Updating to v3.0.13.0

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
sun7radio
Updating to v3.0.13.0

Post by sun7radio »

Hello,

It seems I have some issue upgrading PFOA to v3.0.13.0.

I'v launched 'setup.exe' in administrator mode, then it goes up until the screen where it is written:
"ProppFrexx ONAIR is being installed
Please wait..."

I'm waiting since 20 minutes now.. The Progress Bar stays at 0% (empty) so I guess there is something wrong.

setup.exe is just sitting there with process at 0%.

What could be wrong during the upgrade installation ?

(I've closed PFOA of course, I've even rebooted my machine and launched setup.exe right after a fresh login)

Cheers,
Guy.
sun7radio
Re: Updating to v3.0.13.0

Post by sun7radio »

Well, nevermind.

Setup has finished its installation after almost 30 minutes :)

Cheers,
Guy.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I don't know what your machine is doing - typically setup.exe asks on Vista/Win7/8 for user permission - this is a standard windows UAC dialog - maybe you didn't saw that or placed it to the background or even dismissed it?
Also make sure, that any other ProppFrexx app is closed as well, if you started some of the tools, like ProppFrexx Watcher, ProppFrexx Time or the ProppFrexx Media Library Server...
The installer (setup.exe) would also first de-install any previous version and then install the new version.

Note, that ProppFrexx also has a direct "Check for Updates..." function (see the User Manual or simply click the related tools ribbon button or underneath the blue question mark icon at the top right).
This auto updates ProppFrexx and checks for new versions...

Note: There is already a v3.0.13.1 - which fixes a small multi-select issue with the media libs.
sun7radio

Post by sun7radio »

radio42 wrote:I don't know what your machine is doing - typically setup.exe asks on Vista/Win7/8 for user permission - this is a standard windows UAC dialog - maybe you didn't saw that or placed it to the background or even dismissed it?
Also make sure, that any other ProppFrexx app is closed as well, if you started some of the tools, like ProppFrexx Watcher, ProppFrexx Time or the ProppFrexx Media Library Server...
The installer (setup.exe) would also first de-install any previous version and then install the new version.
I've launched setup.exe in administrator mode so there was no hidden window after it started.
No other program was started (I've launched setup.exe right after a fresh logon).
radio42 wrote:Note, that ProppFrexx also has a direct "Check for Updates..." function (see the User Manual or simply click the related tools ribbon button or underneath the blue question mark icon at the top right).
This auto updates ProppFrexx and checks for new versions...
Yes but when I did that, after the download, nothing was happening so I thought the installation was not working then I launched setup.exe manually.
radio42 wrote:Note: There is already a v3.0.13.1 - which fixes a small multi-select issue with the media libs.
Argh! 30 minutes again :)
Ok.. lets go..

Cheers,
Guy.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Funny, that the "Check for Updates..." is working for all other users since years...?!
sun7radio

Post by sun7radio »

There is always an exception that confirm the rule :)

That said, It went all ok for updating to v3.0.13.1.

Just a glitch I guess ;)

Cheers,
Guy.