Sweeper do not play in transition mode

You found a bug or have any issues? Please post them here!
hdradio
Sweeper do not play in transition mode

Post by hdradio »

When I insert a sweeper from trackboard to playlist and then right click on this sweeper:
Track Settings->Special Element and set Insert Transition.
It ignores any transition I set. It plays that sweeper as normal track.

Also I can not change a fixed time element that is already on playlist to transition mode.
If that track is already assigned to a dj player it still plays as FTE although the options field in playlist shows: StartWithNextOfPreviousTrack(-4) SupressBacktiming.
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Sweeper do not play in transition mode

Post by radio42 »

I guess I can add 'something' to the next version to ease the Drag&Drop possibility...for a kind of 'Direct Track-Insert'...
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

So... what I understand is that I can not insert a sweeper to the next track that is currently playing because the next two dj players are loaded.
Am I right ?
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

For a live show that you need changes up to second this won't work.

I 've tried your suggestion (and except for an exception shown below) I couldn't move the sweeper
forward to the next file so it can start for example at 30 sec over next file.

Code: Select all

17/03/2014 12:45:15 [v3.0.13.2]:********** Error/Exception Information **********
Error Message: Parameter is not valid.
Error Type: System.ArgumentException
Error Source: System.Drawing.Int32 get_Flags()
********** System Stack Trace **********
   at System.Drawing.Image.get_Flags()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlPaint.IsImageTransparent(Image backgroundImage)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Color backColor, Point scrollOffset)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs pevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
********** End **********
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

Beside the exception (which is rather odd, but looks like a graphics driver issue - but I need to investigate this further; as I can not reproduce the error here)...

Can you explain, why "For a live show that you need changes up to second this won't work" ?!

a) using the Segue-Editor (a suggested; or even the DJ- or PFL Player) allows you to even change the currently playing track ?!
b) In a Live show you might also want to simply use one of the Cartwall 's ?!

Can you explain why you think this won't work...
hdradio

Post by hdradio »

For a live show the dj needs to drag a file (from a trackboard for example) set it to be sweeper over intro and that's all.

Using seque editor I can not adjust the sweeper to play over intro (I mean move it forward at a position where it ends at the next track's ramp). It simply does not move there.
Cartwall can not be used for this case.
How can I dj know when to click play on cartwall so the sweeper ends at ramp position of the playing track ?
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

I just made some quick tests here and it is working just as expected.
I added a new (sweeper) track to a playlist (at a position which is NOT currently playing, so added it as a free entry somewhere in the future) and then selected "Settings->Special Element" and set Insert Transition to e.g. "StartWithNextOfPreviousTrack".
The entry remained in the playlist up until that entry was about to play and would normally have to be assigned to a DJ Player. But instead of being assigned to a DJ Player - that entry was now transitioned/converted to a track insert event (actually to the previous track); then removed from the playlist and as such the next entry was assigned.
The previous track now correctly contained a track insert event - just as expected.

What did you do exactly to test things? Please describe your exact steps to reproduce your issue here.

However, as already explained to you here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=983
A FTE starts or ends at a defined time. A transition ends or starts at a fine cue point of a track it is inserted to and as such has a variable start time.
As such you can not define both - an entry can either be a FTE or be a Transition item.

In any case, once an entry is assigned to a DJ Player it can not be changed anymore - this is simply because it is too late - as a track insert transition wouldn't be played by its own in a DJ Player, but converted to a track insert event to either the previous or next track (and once transitions/converted it will disappear from the playlist at all!).
As such - once it is assigned to a DJ Player itself, an entry can not be changed to a Track-Insert-Transition anymore.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

You can insert a sweeper track to the playlist - but that track wouldn't resolve to an insert transition at that point automatically anymore - that is correct, yes.

But, once a track is loaded to a DJ Player you can still insert a track manually as a track insert event...just open the 'Segue-Editor' (for either the current or next track) and then Drag&Drop your sweeper track onto your desired position.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

In v3.0.13.3 I offer a new and simple way of adding Track-Insert-Transitions to a running playlist resp. to the already loaded tracks.
Basically, if you now drop a track while holding the ALT-key to a playlist entry which is already loaded to a DJ Player you will directly be asked, if you want to add that track as a transition.
(note, the regular drop, without the ALT-key would still replace the entry)

Please see these videos for more information:
Part 1: http://youtu.be/h9EniugPpaQ (the new way)
Part 2: http://youtu.be/AlsTykryxuM (the old traditional way)