Several other questions

You have a question or need an advice about how to do something? Ask it here!
Bumperke
Several other questions

Post by Bumperke »

Hi Bernd.
I do several questions. We do have two licenses. One enterprise and one professional.
First: How to create users
How to unlock proppfrexx? We got that problem spontaneous several times in the last week. The only way to solve that is reboot the total system.
What could be the problem and solution?
Since we only have an admin modus on both systems wa are not able to block several things for 'simple' users.
Will
radio42
Site Admin
Re: Several other questions

Post by radio42 »

I am afraid I don not understand you question(s)?!

Users and User-Profiles are maintained in the general settings, section 'More Stuff' - see 'Enable UAC'.
Each user can have a password assigned.
When you change the user; you need to logon again using the users password.
The default Admin password is "ProppFrexx".
If you changed your password and forgot it... not good...

To 'block' certain things, as said; enable UAC and define a User Profile with limited rights and assign it to a user...
Bumperke

Post by Bumperke »

radio42 wrote:I am afraid I don not understand you question(s)?!
Well that happens.

Not able to do so in the professional version. That system was also locked several times during a live program. We had to reboot the system as open PF over again. Since there is no assigned admin, everyone can open the program and change whatever they want. The need for assigned users is therefore needed.

When you change the user; you need to logon again using the users password.
The default Admin password is "ProppFrexx".
If you changed your password and forgot it... not good...
Then please explain how to make users? Passwords are a tricky thing, especially when you need to work with more than one or two people.
radio42
Site Admin

Post by radio42 »

The Enterprise Edition supports UAC (User Access Control), see here:
http://www.proppfrexx.radio42.com/editions.html

The Professional Edition does not, as such, you might want to upgrade?!

However, you can still (in any version) lock the screen, e.g. via the lock icon at the top right (to prevent unattended changes).
To unlock the screen you use the Master Password (see general settings, section 'More Stuff'), which as said defaults to "ProppFrexx".

Not sure what to explain with UAC? ... as this is pretty obvious...
Once UAC is enabled you can create so called 'User Profiles'. A user profile defines a logical role and allows you to grant rights to it.
Then you create a User. A user is having a name and password as well as an assigned user profile - as such a user get its rights/alowance from the assigned user profile. That's it.